Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election

It will come as no surprise to either of my readers that I am pleased with the results of yesterday's election. I am a little disappointed with the results posted by this state I live in (Tennessee), but that was not unexpected... and at least Nashville represented.

I am a person who tends to like change because it opens up my life to new things and new experiences. That is one reason I voted for Obama. Another reason is that I was never convinced that 4 years of McCain would be much different than the last 4 years. And Palin.... that's a whole other bag of worms....

President Obama will certainly have a mess on his hands when he steps up, and I am not expecting any quick or miraculous changes, but I do feel some hope for some positive changes and stability in the future. The biggest hope that this gives me, though, is for an improved quality of leader in the future. Hopefully this is a sign that the old guard... a good-ol-boy Washington insider dominated political system... is at least weakening. I am not naive enough to think this is revolution or a complete change of direction for America, but I believe it is a great start.

It is nice to, for the first time in a while, be proud to be a US citizen. Kudos to all the others responsible for this great occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well TN, did do better than Oklahoma in the polls. Pretty emberassing, most percentage votes for McCain in the sooner state. I guess it's not surprising that the ballot also had a referundem for a new state mascot with the choices being either a giant douche, or a turd sandwich.