Wednesday, July 7, 2010

50k

I haven't run a foot race for a few years. My last one was a July 4th 5k I jumped into maybe 5 years ago, and before that it had probably been at least 10 years. This afternoon I took steps to change that by signing up for a 50k trail run down Chattanooga. I'm not really in shape for any kind of race, so I have a lot of work to do in the next couple of months. At least having already signed up, I have a reason to get back into shape. Don't expect any obsessiveness as that's not really in my nature, but if at any point i say "I have to run", it may be appropriate to take my statement literally.

This wasn't a spur of the moment decision, but one I have been mulling over for several weeks now. If you would like to mull and potentially run, you can check out the race here.

No comments: