Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Republican Confusion

The confusion is mine; though I imagine some of the Republicans are confused, too.

Just read this about Sarah Palin traveling to Georgia to campaign for a Senate Race. What is it about her? From my perspective, the only thing even slightly appealing (if you can call it that) is that Palin is one of the few women in the Republican party with any national recognition; a voice of change? The voice may be higher, but it isn't saying anything different. It's a gender thing. What else does she offer? Do people like the fact that she has supported (and even committed) corruption in Alaska? Do people like the fact that she seems to have no ideas of her own but tends to descend into into negativity and latch onto what other people are saying? Do people like that she is probably the least well-spoken candidate to have been on a major ticket (somehow even W. comes across with more intellect than Ms. Palin)?

It scares me a little bit that she is remaining in the spotlight... or trying to stay there. It worries me that I have been brought to the point of mentioning her name on this here web blog again. I was really hoping she would just go away and stop wasting people's time. The opportunity to campaign has put delusions of grandeur into her head, and so it appears she will do what it takes to stay in the public conscience enough to make another go at a National Office in another 4 or 8 years. While I wouldn't mind more Tina Fey appearances, the potential of Sarah Palin heading up this nation is a freaky thought. (I purposefully didn't say "leading this nation" because she doesn't come across as a "leader", but more of a space filler.)

I guess it could be worse. There could be an old school conservative Republican out there that does have some credibility eyeing that oval office in the future.

Maybe I should quit reading the news.

No comments: